[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20203: To return 404 page when user request not existing category and existing at once (in URL)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 8 14:45:05 UTC 2012

#20203: To return 404 page when user request not existing category and existing at
once (in URL)
 Reporter:  egorpromo    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:  3.3.1
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 I have category 'category1' with posts in it. I want to get posts from
 'caegory1' and not existing category 'not_existing'.
 if I use URL like 'http://mysite.com/category/category1+notexisting' I get
 normal archive page but this is a page without post because there are no
 posts in 'category1' and 'not_exists' at once.
 But maybe it is better to return 404 page? Because it produces additional
 duplicate pages for search engines like google.