[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19744: Custom post types doesn't receive pingbacks - url_to_postid() doesn't recognize CPT

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 7 10:01:15 UTC 2012

#19744: Custom post types doesn't receive pingbacks - url_to_postid() doesn't
recognize CPT
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  feedmeastraycat  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by feedmeastraycat):

 Well. More of an example on how a patch could be created. I'm not sure I'm
 confident enough to create an actual patch. It's just code that I've
 tested locally which seams to be fixing the issue.

 The main issue here is that Custom post types doesn't receive pingbacks.
 And according to my investigation (with the help from dd32) the reason is
 becuase  url_to_postid() doesn't recognize CPT.

 dd32 had his suggestion in comment 6.
 And I had another suggestion on comment 7.
 But I guess someone that knows more about WP_Query() needs to decide. :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19744#comment:10>