[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21414: Use the "Keyboard Shortcuts" checkbox in the user profile to turn on/off all custom shortcuts

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jul 29 20:24:36 UTC 2012

#21414: Use the "Keyboard Shortcuts" checkbox in the user profile to turn on/off
all custom shortcuts
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz         |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
Component:  Accessibility  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Custom keyboard shortcuts can be very handy not only for better
 accessibility but for faster access to many actions that usually require
 "mousing". For example we could potentially add shortcuts to access the
 top menu items or the more commonly used toolbar items.

 However many of the available keystrokes (modifier [+ modifier] + letter)
 are already in use. Even worse, different shortcuts are in use in
 different browsers and different OS.

 It would be good to let the users decide whether to enable them. As we
 already have a checkbox for the comment moderation shortcuts, best would
 be to make it "global". For now that would only affect TinyMCE.