[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21236: Network Admin broken link http// not http:// typo if siteadmin changes siteurl of subsite

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 12 13:03:36 UTC 2012

#21236: Network Admin broken link http// not http:// typo if siteadmin changes
siteurl of subsite
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  damiensaunders  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Network Admin   |    Version:  3.4.1
 Severity:  minor           |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Given:

 * a multisite install at example.org configured for sub-domains
 * a subsite called "foo" at foo.example.org
 * a domain mapping foo.com -> foo.example.org
 * www.foo.com set as PRIMARY domain for that blog

 and...
 the siteadmin changes the siteurl for that blog via Network Admin >
 Settings > Site

 then ...
 when the siteadmin visits foo.com/wp-admin the the menu link for Network
 admin is broken.

 It's expected that the link looks like

 {{{
 example.org/wp-admin/network/
 }}}

 but instead it is changed to

 {{{
 http//example.org/wp-admin/network/
 }}}

 Clicking on the link resolves to a 404 page.

 This maybe trivial but changing the siteurl for mapped domains / subsites
 is important if you need to integrate with 3rd party API like google
 checkout which expect qualified valid full domain.

 I've noticed on the multisite forums that a few other users have
 complained about the network admin link being broken.

 If you need screenshots please let me know