[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20944: Changing plugin filename causes Fatal error on automatic activation after update

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 7 18:13:30 UTC 2012

#20944: Changing plugin filename causes Fatal error on automatic activation after
update
 Reporter:  adiant        |       Owner:
Changes (by adiant):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback =>
 * version:  3.3 => 3.4.1

Comment:

 This is the first time I've tested this problem with Version 3.4.1.  The
 two times that fatal errors occurred previously were with a 3.4 Release
 Candidate and 3.4 itself, though under different circumstances.

 I just completed testing all of the possibilities I could think of, and
 now only find one failure:  a version update in a network where the plugin
 is updated (of course) from the network admin panel and has been
 previously activated on only one of the networked sites, i.e. - has NOT
 been Network Activated.

 The error occurs when you display the Admin Plugins panel for the site
 where the previous version of the plugin was activated:  "The plugin
 jonradio-display-kitchen-sink/jonradio-kitchen-sink.php has been
 deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist."

 As I say, I am no longer able to re-create this problem on a non-network
 install of WordPress.

 This problem appears repeatable, as I have had it occur twice in a row.
 I'm not sure if it matters, but I only tested this on the second site I
 added to the network, not the "original" site created automatically.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20944#comment:7>