[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21134: Registering and enqueueing on the same action can cause enqueueing to happen before registering

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 2 13:16:32 UTC 2012

#21134: Registering and enqueueing on the same action can cause enqueueing to
happen before registering
 Reporter:  nbachiyski    |       Owner:

Comment (by TobiasBg):

 So, if I understand correctly, the problem is that Plugin2 is enqueuing
 another plugin's script, without making sure that this other script has
 been registered.
 (For scripts in WP core, this is not an issue, as those will always have
 been registered before.)

 So, proper action would have to be taken in Plugin2, either by checking if
 the script has been registered, via {{{wp_script_is()}}}, or by making
 sure to enqueue after the register has happened, via a higher action hook
 priority.
 To me, this is what priorities are for, so that documentation issue is not
 really valid. And basically, wouldn't this be nearly the same as another
 {{{wp_register_scripts}}} action that runs right before
 {{{wp_enqueue_scripts}}}?

 And: Is this setup really to be found often? Most plugins ship with their
 own copy of a script anyway, don't they?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21134#comment:1>