[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21662: wp-signup.php says there's no limit to the number of blogs even when that is not desired or impossible

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 22 20:48:26 UTC 2012

#21662: wp-signup.php says there's no limit to the number of blogs even when that
is not desired or impossible
 Reporter:  novasource    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Multisite     |    Version:  3.4.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Please remove the statement in '''wp-signup.php''' that exclaims that
 there's no limit to the number of blogs one can create. It's on line 169.

 I ask for two reasons:
 1. Hosters of WordPress Networks may not wish to encourage users to open a
 ton of blogs. I don't because I don't want to encourage a support
 nightmare.
 2. We might use a plugin that limits the number of blogs that users may
 create, like [http://buddydev.com/buddypress/limit-blogs-per-user-plugin-
 for-wpmu/ Limit Blogs per User].

 For #2, an acceptable alternative may be to make it a string that can be
 overridden by a plugin. But the current situation, where it's a one-size-
 fits-all string, is bad because I have to manually edit it each time I
 (frequently) upgrade WordPress.