[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21290: Post types continue to be selected after removal from custom taxonomy registration

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 15 06:03:24 UTC 2012

#21290: Post types continue to be selected after removal from custom taxonomy
registration
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jondavidjohn             |       Owner:  jondavidjohn
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by jondavidjohn):

 Replying to [comment:5 scribu]:
 > I mean various plugins/themes that depend on the current behaviour.

 The problem is that the behavior doesn't make sense...  post types showing
 up in the loop for taxonomies that don't have them registered?

 I would say that it's far more likely that there are more instances of
 people being forced to create nasty workarounds, manually resetting the
 post_type of the main query based on a handful of loosely related
 conditions.

 Can you even think of a theoretical scenario that someone would want a
 'page', for instance, to show up in the loop for a taxonomy that is only
 registered for 'post'?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21290#comment:6>