[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19233: When using CSS Background Gradients in the Admin UI, begin to use IE Filters to mimic in IE (7, 8, 9)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Aug 12 02:19:31 UTC 2012

#19233: When using CSS Background Gradients in the Admin UI, begin to use IE
Filters to mimic in IE (7, 8, 9)
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  georgestephanis  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by emiluzelac):

 When I said think about it, that wasn't implied that you guys don't do
 that, it was referring only logic and anything bad at all, if that sounded
 differently, please forgive me.

 -ms-filter was introduced in IE8, however -ms-filter and filter are
 basically the same thing and yes IE9 gradients can't work without filters
 if we're relying strictly on stylesheets.

 I can't agree more about Opera, browser is basically "dead" but everyone*
 still use Opera specific prefixes. filter: is "hacky" as much as anything
 else that's prefixed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19233#comment:11>