[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20361: Deal with FALSE value of wp_get_theme() in ~/wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php to avoid making sad owls.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 29 00:59:02 UTC 2012

#20361: Deal with FALSE value of wp_get_theme() in ~/wp-
admin/includes/dashboard.php to avoid making sad owls.
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  georgestephanis  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  closed

Comment (by emiluzelac):

 Replying to [comment:15 jkudish]:
 > Replying to [comment:14 emiluzelac]:
 > > See: https://twitter.com/nacin/status/196311975205150720
 >
 > I'm not arguing with you that you are getting errors. Just clarifying
 that the errors you are getting have nothing to do with the initial
 ticket, and simply side-effects of Twenty Ten/Eleven not being updated for
 3.4 yet.

 I understand deprecated notices and of course they will be changed in 3.4
 no doubt about that, but that wasn't my point at all. Anyone with the
 basic knowledge of WordPress will tell you that deprecated notices will
 not produce "white screen" upon Theme upload/activation. Notice: Undefined
 index: can but not deprecated functions.

 Since 12/10 I reviewed over 830 Themes (WPTRT - not bragging just giving
 you more details) and not a single Theme ever "broke" the WordPress nor
 created a 'white page" just because they were using deprecated functions,
 regardless how the Theme was activated.

 I am not going to reopen the ticket because I am not sure if this is
 indeed ticket related or not, will wait for Andy and you would close it
 anyways without real explanation :)

 Emil

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20361#comment:16>