[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20361: Deal with FALSE value of wp_get_theme() in ~/wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php to avoid making sad owls.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 29 00:37:05 UTC 2012

#20361: Deal with FALSE value of wp_get_theme() in ~/wp-
admin/includes/dashboard.php to avoid making sad owls.
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  georgestephanis  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  closed
Changes (by jkudish):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:12 emiluzelac]:
 > Not sure if I can agree with you and here's why:
 >
 > Deprecated functions do not break the WordPress! I am well aware of them
 and they're produced by Twenty Eleven Theme and/or any other Theme with
 the same setup.

 > The "error" comes up all the time with debug true and do not break
 anything other than interface a little, when Theme is uploaded and
 activated in right away than deprecated functions will break everything.

 > Reopening till this is confirmed.

 It does a white screen because of the order/timing when the errors occur.
 Anyhow, neither of these 2 deprecated notices have anything to do with
 wp_get_theme(), which is what this ticket was about in the first place.

 Twenty Ten + Twenty Eleven will likely be updated prior to the 3.4 release
 to deal with these deprecated functions.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20361#comment:13>