[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20390: Add call of shutdown_action_hook() function at the end of 'template_loader.php' file

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 7 16:32:10 UTC 2012

#20390: Add call of shutdown_action_hook() function at the end of
'template_loader.php' file
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  egorpromo    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by scribu):

 > 1) if I add function on 'shutdown' action hook when happen nothing. I
 tried output large portion of HTML-code via this hook but I can't see it.

 This works for me:

 ```
 function some_html_content() {
 ?>
 This will show up right at the end of every page.
 <?php
 }
 add_action( 'shutdown', 'some_html_content' );
 ```

 Note that it shows up after the </html> tag, so you can't use it to output
 valid HTML. That would be the case even if you placed it right at the end
 of template-loader.php

 > 2) In documentation made by phpdocumentor ( example 1 and  example 2 ) I
 can't see any reference to using of shutdown_action_hook() function

 In wp-settings.php:

 {{{
 register_shutdown_function( 'shutdown_action_hook' );
 }}}

 Don't rely on phpdocumentor next time. Searching directly through the
 source code is the only reliable indicator.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20390#comment:3>