[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19078: wp-admin/user-edit.php needs code formatting and ways to control what is in the form

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Oct 28 21:18:14 UTC 2011

#19078: wp-admin/user-edit.php needs code formatting and ways to control what is in
the form
 Reporter:  dragunoff    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 The file ''wp-admin/user-edit.php'' is a great big mess... It's hard to
 get around the code because it's not well formatted and there's little
 inline documentation.

 Furthermore it's hard to control the profile edit form as '''most of the
 fields are hard-coded'''. Appending new fields to the form is possible,
 but removing existing ones or adding to one of the upper sections proves
 to be not so straight-forward. There are no filters, nor actions, not even
 HTML id attributes for simple CSS "disabling" via ''display:none''

 '''For example:''' I want to disable the "Website" fields since none of my
 users needs that, but the only way to do it is with a CSS rule like
 ''input[name="url"], label[for="url"] { display:none }''

 The CSS rules get even uglier if I want to hide the whole "Personal
 Options" section.