[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19001: Media uploader (plupload) - exceeding max file size doesn't currently give feedback/error

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Oct 19 14:10:51 UTC 2011

#19001: Media uploader (plupload) - exceeding max file size doesn't currently give
feedback/error
 Reporter:  WPsites      |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media        |    Version:  3.3
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 When you upload an image of a larger size than the web server and plupload
 allows nothing happens.

 Surely it should let the user know the file is too large and needs to be
 less than X.

 I know it says in the text below that the max file size is X but when you
 are uploading media you don't always know how big the file you are
 uploading is. currently if you try uploading a larger file nothing
 happens, no upload, no warning, nothing.

 I can confirm this in Firefox, Chrome uploading media from within a post
 and from the media section.