[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18896: WP 3.2.1 dynamic menu drop-down feature not displaying properly on multiple themes.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 10 21:31:03 UTC 2011

#18896: WP 3.2.1 dynamic menu drop-down feature not displaying properly on multiple
themes.
 Reporter:  ggivens       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus         |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 It looks like there is a bug in the WordPress 3.2.1. dynamic menu feature
 or there is some code for drop-down menus that needs to be included on new
 themes that's not clearly outline in the codex.

 After adding a WP 3.2.1 menu to my new theme(
 http://testing2.homesafetn.org) that was converted from html/CSS, the
 static menus display fine, but I could not get the drop-down menu items to
 display correctly. They would display as static menu items under the top
 level menu, or if there is room they will display to the right of the main
 menu items. I did some testing by downloading and activating a number of
 free themes and they all had problems displaying drop-down menus in
 WordPress using the dynamic menu feature. Two of the themes I tested with
 were the RedBel 1.3.1 and the BirdSite 1.02. I also tested this in three
 diffrent broswers (IE, Firefox, Safari) I know someone has a solution out
 there to make this work with drop-down menus. Because the Twenty Eleven
 1.2 and Twenty Ten 1.2 themes drop-down menus using the dynamic menu
 feature in WP works fine!