[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18563: Disallowing editing of .php files in the plugin editor blocks access to allowable extensions

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 4 21:46:45 UTC 2011

#18563: Disallowing editing of .php files in the plugin editor blocks access to
allowable extensions
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  trepmal         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by gburtini):

 A reasonable workaround, if we want to do this for a quick release, would
 be to simply dump the list of available files for that plugin (with links)
 in to the wp_die call. This would allow users to move between files even
 if they're blocked.

 Of course, the ideal solution would simply change the <textarea> on the
 edit plugin page to an error message (grayed out text perhaps), leaving
 the sidebar with the links to the other files in tact.

 I think this brings up another minor issue with the plugin editor though
 -- the list of files is inelegant as can be. Plugins with lots of files
 are difficult to navigate within it, and files more than one directory
 deep don't display until you select a file within that directory. There's
 probably something that could be done to improve this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18563#comment:9>