[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19371: As of 3.3beta2 WP_Admin_Bar no longer provides a way to access attributes of existing menu items

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 29 22:11:42 UTC 2011

#19371: As of 3.3beta2 WP_Admin_Bar no longer provides a way to access attributes
of existing menu items
------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  willshouse              |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by nacin):

 property to a select few methods, and allows surrounding methods to be
 overridden. Late bindings are abstracted, and there is some attempt to
 make a render() method overridden in 3.2 to continue to work, given
 `__get()`. (Untested.)

 It would be nice if `_bind()`, when called, did a reset, and re-bound
 everything. Then there would be no need for `_bound`.

 `get_node()` and `get_nodes()` are both added.

 I don't see much of this making it into 3.3, but there are some good bits
 we could steal.

 End goal: Keep it flexible for plugins without putting our own feet in
 cement.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19371#comment:12>