[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18764: no CSS ID or class or hook for themes/plugins to modify "max file size" paragraph in media_upload_form()

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 21 16:49:33 UTC 2011

#18764: no CSS ID or class or hook for themes/plugins to modify "max file size"
paragraph in media_upload_form()
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  jaredh123     |       Owner:

Comment (by jaredh123):

 That looks better, but I would ask -- why the resistance to adding an ID
 or a class?

 Here's the reason I don't think this is a great solution:  Say there's an
 instance where a plugin or theme author is using the upload form, but not
 for images, or not for images that would ever need to have titles or
 descriptions.  With your patch, they could filter the message and return
 an empty string, but they still end up with a potentially problematic
 empty paragraph.  If the extra paragraph gave them formatting problems,
 they're still in the same boat of not having an easy way to target that
 element via CSS.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18764#comment:10>