[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18713: No hooks available to "calculate" a post_title when only custom metaboxes in use

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 15 01:59:31 UTC 2011

#18713: No hooks available to "calculate" a post_title when only custom metaboxes
in use
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  mikeschinkel  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback 2nd-opinion =>
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 3.3

Comment:

 #18891 was closed as a duplicate.

 I'm tempted to make this not only filterable, but also require support for
 'editor', 'title,' and 'excerpt' in order to enforce each check.

 It's not like a plugin can't manually specify fields that send back
 post_title, post_content, or post_excerpt, but this check is a serious
 vestige in the age of post types, so I'd like to render it as moot as
 possible.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18713#comment:15>