[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14226: Add XHTML namespace declaration to Twenty Ten/Twenty Eleven to provide XHTML compatibility

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jun 2 20:07:50 UTC 2011

#14226: Add XHTML namespace declaration to Twenty Ten/Twenty Eleven to provide
XHTML compatibility
-----------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  peaceablewhale         |       Owner:  iandstewart
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by nacin):

 * milestone:  Future Release => 3.2

Comment:

 I'm unsure about this, but these themes are no longer XHTML, but rather
 now HTML5. While we stick to XHTML tendencies such as closing elements and
 expanding short attributes, I don't know if there's a necessity to
 actually declare it with an XML namespace.

 That said, since we are continuing our desire for XHTML-like markup, maybe
 we should drop it in.

 Moving to 3.2 for consideration and disposal (commit or wontfix). I'm not
 sure what the right answer is here. We need something more definitive.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14226#comment:8>