[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6870: Nest Q[uotation] elements mishandled by preprocessor, possibly trashing entry.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jul 13 20:35:54 UTC 2011

#6870: Nest Q[uotation] elements mishandled by preprocessor, possibly trashing
entry.
 Reporter:  oeconomist    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by coffee2code):

 +1

 I was responsible for the introduction of the self-nesting tag handling in
 `balance_tags()`. The omission of the `<q>` tag was an oversight (for the
 life of me I can't find where I added a patch to rectify that lo those
 many years ago).  Anyhow, the change is trivial and has no negative side
 effects.

 As further proof as to whether the `<q>` tag is self-nestable, the W3C
 itself does so in an example in the HTML 4.01 spec section pertaining to
 `<q>` [http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-
 html401-19991224/struct/text.html#h-9.2.2.1 here].

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6870#comment:18>