[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18075: "Scan for lost attachments" should look for orphaned files in the /uploads/ folder

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 11 23:40:52 UTC 2011

#18075: "Scan for lost attachments" should look for orphaned files in the /uploads/
folder
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  shamess      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by shamess):

 Replying to [comment:1 nacin]:
 > How did you move the blog? Its seems that the issue would be that the
 attachment data is no longer in the database.

 > I will say though, it might be an issue due to absolute paths to media
 items, which we used to do (it was a bug).

 It was a new install, and I did the export/import routine. The
 media/attachments weren't in the export file for whatever reason, so they
 couldn't have been downloaded using the import tool.

 I feel like the import tool would be a slow way to transfer potentially
 gigs of media too. I had all the content archived and compressed into a
 much smaller format which was easier to drop in the right place.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18075#comment:2>