[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18055: Wordpress 3.2 - images in post with left/right alignment won't allow text next to them

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 9 20:49:08 UTC 2011

#18055: Wordpress 3.2 - images in post with left/right alignment won't allow text
next to them
 Reporter:  darcym        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting    |    Version:  3.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 I have been running a personal blog on wordpress 2 platform upgrading with
 each new release as they come out.

 in previous versions of wordpress, if I inserted a picture into a post and
 aligned it to the left/right with the wordpress "new post" interface, I
 could put text next to the image.
 An example of this would be

 http://www.matthewdarcy.co.uk/2010/07/site-updates-recording-reading-
 ba003/

 or

 http://www.matthewdarcy.co.uk/2011/01/ba002-finished/

 after an upgrade to wordpress 3.2 - this behaviour has changed.
 the interface will randomly allow me/not allow me to put text next to
 aligned pictures.

 an example post would be

 http://www.matthewdarcy.co.uk/2011/07/amps-updates/

 in this example, I put a picture in aligned it left and typed, the text
 went along side the picture and then across the bottom of the picture as
 expected, I put another picture in and aligned it to the right, however
 the cursor in the new post interface will not go to the left of the image,
 and if I type above the image it just pushes the image down a line with
 each new line.

 I have tried changing the alignment of this picture to the right and
 trying to get the text to go to the right, it will not happen. This
 behaviour has only appeared since upgrading to Wordpress 3.2

 I am running wordpress 3.2 on Centos 5.6 64 bit with Apache 2.2.3