[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17972: After Installing Wordpress 3.2 and creating a network I have lost the ability to add or delete plugins

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 4 02:32:33 UTC 2011

#17972: After Installing Wordpress 3.2 and creating a network I have lost the
ability to add or delete plugins
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  william jacobs  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Old description:

> I upgraded my wordpress to 3.2 and then went through the instructions to
> create a network where I added an additional subdomain.
>
> The information on the Wordpress side asked me to add the following text
> to my WP-config.php and .htaccess files.
>
> I added the following to my Wp-config.php
>
> define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
>
> define( 'MULTISITE', true );
> define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
> $base = '/';
> define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.stonecarvingtool.com' );
> define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
> define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
> define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
>
> And I replaced the content of my .htaccess with:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
>
> # uploaded files
> RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
> RewriteRule ^ - [L]
> RewriteRule . index.php [L]
>
> Since I have done this I can not add or delete any plugins.
>
> I appreciate your help
>
> William

New description:

 I upgraded my wordpress to 3.2 and then went through the instructions to
 create a network where I added an additional subdomain.

 The information on the Wordpress side asked me to add the following text
 to my WP-config.php and .htaccess files.

 I added the following to my Wp-config.php
 {{{
 define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);

 define( 'MULTISITE', true );
 define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
 $base = '/';
 define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.stonecarvingtool.com' );
 define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
 define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
 define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
 }}}
 And I replaced the content of my .htaccess with:
 {{{
 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteBase /
 RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

 # uploaded files
 RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
 RewriteRule ^ - [L]
 RewriteRule . index.php [L]
 }}}
 Since I have done this I can not add or delete any plugins.

 I appreciate your help

 William

 This sounds like a [http://wordpress.org/support/forum/multisite support
 issue] rather than a !WordPress bug.

 In order to add plugins to a Multisite installation, you need to access
 the Network Admin panel, You can find a link to this administration area
 in the dropdown attached to your name (The "Howdy, William" section).
 Alternativly, you can access site.com/wp-admin/network/

 Closing as worksforme

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17972#comment:1>