[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17972: After Installing Wordpress 3.2 and creating a network I have lost the ability to add or delete plugins

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 4 02:28:57 UTC 2011

#17972: After Installing Wordpress 3.2 and creating a network I have lost the
ability to add or delete plugins
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  william jacobs  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins         |    Version:  3.2
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I upgraded my wordpress to 3.2 and then went through the instructions to
 create a network where I added an additional subdomain.

 The information on the Wordpress side asked me to add the following text
 to my WP-config.php and .htaccess files.

 I added the following to my Wp-config.php

 define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);

 define( 'MULTISITE', true );
 define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
 $base = '/';
 define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.stonecarvingtool.com' );
 define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
 define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
 define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );

 And I replaced the content of my .htaccess with:

 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteBase /
 RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

 # uploaded files
 RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
 RewriteRule ^ - [L]
 RewriteRule . index.php [L]

 Since I have done this I can not add or delete any plugins.

 I appreciate your help

 William