[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14345: BUG: Changing permalinks to a custom structure returns 404 on custom post types

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 31 07:46:57 UTC 2011

#14345: BUG:  Changing permalinks to a custom structure returns 404 on custom post
types
-------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  der                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by nofearinc):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  worksforme =>

Comment:

 I want to report the same issue.

 I have a custom post type book which is working as supposed to with the
 standard permalink structure '?book=aus-tranen-werden-kristalle'. Setting
 a permalink structure as /%postname%/ rewrites the URLs in the following
 manner: '/book/aus-tranen-werden-kristalle'. This URL is no more
 accessible and marked as 404.

 Also, when featured image is introduced for that post type, it is
 displayed but with the incorrect template. I use different templates for
 custom post types and the book template is not applied here.

 Calling the get_post_type() returns NULL or 'attachment'.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14345#comment:3>