[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18489: Create constants in default-constants.php for the uploads folder to allow better custom uploads location

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 23 03:16:57 UTC 2011

#18489: Create constants in default-constants.php for the uploads folder to allow
better custom uploads location
-----------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  eddiemoya        |       Owner:  eddiemoya
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by eddiemoya):

 dd32: This would make perfect sense if all of the options had the same
 solution - but they dont. For wp-content and plugins there is wp-config,
 but for this one option theres a manual field to enter - which puts into
 play issues of access and permission where they dont exist for wp-config.

 What im trying to achieve here is no specifically to create any particular
 constant in any particular way - what we need is a unified complete
 solution for managing wp-content, and that must include the ability
 manipulate the uploads folder - not a mixed bag of several partial
 solution.

 After thinking about what Otto said, I am trying to think through a
 possible that we might solve this issue while perhaps beginning to pave a
 path for eventual deprecation of some of the constants. I don't care about
 the constants specifically.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18489#comment:15>