[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18489: Create constants in default-constants.php for the uploads folder to allow better custom uploads location

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Aug 22 22:50:22 UTC 2011

#18489: Create constants in default-constants.php for the uploads folder to allow
better custom uploads location
-----------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  eddiemoya        |       Owner:  eddiemoya
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by Otto42):

 The whole wp_uploads_dir is a bit of a mess, and a refactor would
 certainly be in order, but introducing more constants isn't the right
 solution. Eliminating the constants entirely would be a better solution.
 If we could eliminate UPLOADS that would make me much happier. Getting rid
 of BLOGUPLOADDIR if possible would be nice as well.

 Code wanting to modify the paths and such should use the upload_dir
 filter, or pre_option_upload_path to modify the non-absolute path. Maybe
 an extra filter or extra args on the existing filter to allow for
 multisite trickiness is needed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18489#comment:11>