[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16692: Add hook to allow plugins to implement custom $wp->parse_request() logic to support arbitrary custom URLs

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Aug 13 20:50:34 UTC 2011

#16692: Add hook to allow plugins to implement custom $wp->parse_request() logic to
support arbitrary custom URLs
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mikeschinkel            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by andy):

 Mike's rationale for this change is sensible to me. He and I have
 independently invented the same clunky solution to this problem (extending
 the wp class) and we both wished for a better way in core.

 My patch, 16692.diff, works the same way as Mike's but it is clearer and
 puts the override in the same function that it overrides. The core
 function override pattern is already established in places like
 wp_maybe_load_widgets and even get_option. The cost is virtually nil. This
 can be added without interrupting any other projects to consolidate
 rewrite functionality.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16692#comment:18>