[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18355: Request to include 'object' in $default_no_texturize_tags of formatting.php - or more sophisticated formatting

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Aug 8 16:38:19 UTC 2011

#18355: Request to include 'object' in $default_no_texturize_tags of formatting.php
- or more sophisticated formatting
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  creacog          |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting       |    Version:  3.1.2
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 In this post : http://blog.creacog.co.uk/2010/04/28/flex-4-spark-
 videodisplay-measure-overlay-skin/

 I had used the HTML view of the editor to enter SWFObject (2.2) code. I
 found that, although not mangled in the editor, it is mangled on delivery
 to the user's browser such that :

 <!--[if !IE]>-->

 becomes...

 <!--[if !IE]>&#8211;><br />

 The only solution I've found so far is to edit formatting.php line 44 to
 ensure 'object' is added to the list of tags not to texturize...

                 $default_no_texturize_tags = array('pre', 'code', 'kbd',
 'style', 'script', 'tt', 'object' );

 Since these IE conditions for the SWFObject code are all within an
 enclosing object tag, this seems to ensure the code is reproduced as
 intended.

 Would it be sensible for object to be added in this way? or can the
 formatting code be further enhanced to ensure IE conditionals don't get
 mangled.

 Link to the sample SWFobject code I am following :
 http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/wiki/documentation#STEP_3:_Register_your_Flash_content_with_the_SWFObject_library_a

 Thanks