[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18276: Implement URL Routing System to "Front-End" WordPress' existing Rewrite System

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 2 22:00:38 UTC 2011

#18276: Implement URL Routing System to "Front-End" WordPress' existing Rewrite
System
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mikeschinkel            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by Otto42):

 Replying to [comment:5 mikeschinkel]:
 > But since it sounded like the team was going to tackle URL routing in
 3.3 and if that might be done in a way that provides less flexibility and
 be incompatible with this approach I wanted to rush it forward.  I had
 planned to turn this into a completed project in the next 90-120 days.

 I doubt "URL routing" will be tackled in 3.3. What was being discussed was
 mainly eliminating or reducing the performance penalty with verbose-page-
 rules.

 See #16687.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18276#comment:7>