[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14915: Fix activation hook inconsistency

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Sep 25 16:11:16 UTC 2010

#14915: Fix activation hook inconsistency
 Reporter:  nacin         |       Owner:
Component:  Plugins       |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by nacin):

 > It doesn't appear that a fatal-error check is ever done on the bulk
 upgrade process however to me..
 > It might be worth getting rid of the singular upgrade mode and implement
 everything fully in the bulk upgrade functionality, That would include
 adding a no-fatal-error check to the bulk upgrade process for active
 plugins (And if one is hit deactivate it)
 Sounds reasonable. Will be tough to sandbox these, however, as we can't
 keep redirecting. Might need to hit wp-load with an Http request a bunch
 of times if it is more than one? And only kick on maintenance mode then

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14915#comment:11>
WordPress blogging software