[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14703: Make the Incutio XML-RPC Library GPL-Compatible and match redistribution and use conditions.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 10 17:54:26 UTC 2010

#14703: Make the Incutio XML-RPC Library GPL-Compatible and match redistribution
and use conditions.
 Reporter:  hakre         |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  closed
Changes (by nacin):

  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid
  * milestone:  3.1 =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:35 tfountain]:
 > Although the Incutio XML-RPC library itself was released under the
 Artistic License, it was agreed when Wordpress first wanted to include it
 that you could do so under the New BSD license.

 Thanks for clarifying. Participants in this ticket were not aware of this,
 though the core team was.

 > Version 1.7.4 of the library, linked above, was released under the New
 BSD license in part as a response to this ticket, as I hope this makes
 things clearer for you guys in the long run. We (at Incutio) are both fans
 and users of Wordpress, so we are happy to support it in any way we can.

 Not at all necessary, but your support is much appreciated.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14703#comment:36>