[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15252: Import WXR breaks serialized postmeta that contains a space before the end of a line.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Oct 29 15:26:24 UTC 2010

#15252: Import WXR breaks serialized postmeta that contains a space before the end
of a line.
 Reporter:  shawnparker   |       Owner:
Component:  Import        |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  reporter-feedback
Changes (by duck_):

  * keywords:  importer, serialize => reporter-feedback
  * milestone:  Awaiting Review => WordPress.org site

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:15252 shawnparker]:
 > On the whole, serialized data comes in just fine.

 Have you rolled your own fix to #14509 then? Because I'm still seeing
 double serialization in postmeta (e.g. menu item classes).

 Is it possible to have an example WXR file? Also, have you tried the
 [http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-importer/download/
 development version] of the importer (it has just seen an upgrade,
 #15197)? I imagine the problem is only apparent for the regex parser,
 probably in `get_tag`, which would need to see a fix.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15252#comment:1>