[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15134: WordPress should not try to remove theme's or plugin's directory recursively if the directory is a symlink

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Oct 17 12:39:55 UTC 2010

#15134: WordPress should not try to remove theme's or plugin's directory
recursively if the directory is a symlink
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  vladimir_kolesnikov  |        Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)         |       Status:  assigned
Changes (by scribu):

  * owner:  => dd32
  * status:  reopened => assigned

Comment:

 > OK, probably my use case is not good for this problem but I still think
 that WP should not follow symlinks when deleting directories because this
 can cause removal of the files the user is not expecting to have removed.
 And it just contradicts to Linux/UNIX tradition - if the plugin/theme/etc
 directory were removed with 'rm -r', 'rm' would not follow the link but
 would remove the symlink itself instead. Just my opinion.

 That makes sense, I guess.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15134#comment:8>