[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14110: Expose height and width attributes to 'wp_get_attachment_image_attributes' filter

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jun 27 00:54:47 UTC 2010

#14110: Expose height and width attributes to 'wp_get_attachment_image_attributes'
filter
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  divinenephron  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Component:  Plugins        |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal         |    Keywords:  filter, wp_get_attachment_image_attributes, attribute, height, width, attachment
 The filter 'wp_get_attachment_image_attributes' allows you to alter the
 attributes of embedded images. However the height and width attributes
 aren't passed to this filter. These would be useful to have – I'm making a
 theme with a fluid layout where I have to remove all height and width
 attributes to ensure that the browser maintains the attribute of images
 when they're resized.

 I've attached a patch with a fix. In it I've also changed the function
 'get_image_tag' so that I could remove the immensely pointless 'hwstring'
 function.