[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14083: Specific action hooks for different content types on load of the edit screen

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jun 26 09:21:57 UTC 2010

#14083: Specific action hooks for different content types on load of the edit
screen
 Reporter:  simonwheatley   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback needs-testing
Changes (by johnbillion):

  * component:  General => Administration

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:14083 simonwheatley]:
 > 2. Adds some new and useful dynamically constructed hooks based on the
 $typenow and $taxnow variables.
 "load-edit-tags.php-type-post-tax-category" is a bit of an unweildy hook
 name in my opinion. I don't think the hook name is the best place to pass
 so much context.

 Would we not be better off sticking with "load-$pagenow" and passing the
 context (post type and taxonomy) as a parameter?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14083#comment:6>