[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13373: category function creates error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 25 06:15:40 UTC 2010

#13373: category function creates error: Object of class WP_Error could not be
converted to string
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  christian_gnoth  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Component:  General          |     Version:  2.9.2
 Severity:  major            |    Keywords:  get_cat_id, get_category_link, WP_error
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Description changed by nacin:

Old description:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the following PHP script lines:
>
>  $category_id = get_cat_ID( $row['title'] );
>  // Get the URL of this category
>  $category_link = get_category_link( $category_id );
>  $j2wp_post['post_content'] =  substr( $j2wp_post['post_content'], 0,
> $lnk_pos) . 'href="' . $category_link . '" ' . substr(
> $j2wp_post['post_content'], $post_lnk_end + 1);
>
> they create the subsequent error in the assignment:
>
> $j2wp_post['post_content'] =
>
> Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to
> string
>
> As there is no error in the assignment and I found a lot of hints for the
> categories - one of this two fundtions creates this error.

New description:

 Hello,

 I am using the following PHP script lines:
 {{{
  $category_id = get_cat_ID( $row['title'] );
  // Get the URL of this category
  $category_link = get_category_link( $category_id );
  $j2wp_post['post_content'] =  substr( $j2wp_post['post_content'], 0,
 $lnk_pos) . 'href="' . $category_link . '" ' . substr(
 $j2wp_post['post_content'], $post_lnk_end + 1);
 }}}

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13373#comment:1>