[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13985: Save draft-button does not set post status to draft when post has no title or content

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 18 22:01:53 UTC 2010

#13985: Save draft-button does not set post status to draft when post has no title
or content
 Reporter:  eskapism      |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 Save draft-button does not set post status to draft when post has no title
 or content.

 Also "save_post" action is not called, making plugins like mine
 (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-fields/) unable to save it's
 values.

 But some things get saved: if you fill in custom fields or featured image,
 these are saved. Tags and categories, however, are not saved.

 So if you fill in custom fields and then save, there are no way to get
 these back if you leave the edit page (unless accssing the db directly, of
 course). That can be confusing for users and they may feel that they have
 lost their content.

 Finally, if clicking "save draft" or "publish" you get a message saying
 "Page published/updated. View page." but that link leads to a page not
 found error.

 Expected result: if I click "save draft" or "publish" I except the post to
 change from auto-draft to draft. As a user I have made the choice to save
 the post, and it should not matter that I haven't entered a title or
 content. This can be the case when I have a template that supports some
 special case of page where for example only the featured image is shown.