[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13971: Problem due to "Wordpress" being turned into CamelCase "WordPress" in a image name

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 18 16:33:58 UTC 2010

#13971: Problem due to "Wordpress" being turned into CamelCase "WordPress" in a
image name
 Reporter:  tfotherby     |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:

Comment(by tfotherby):

 Replying to [comment:3 hakre]:
 > It's a Bug, not a Feature.

  * To upgrade a existing working !WordPress installation and have images
 broken is a bug to me.
  * Having a "correct filename" changed to "incorrect filename" is a bug to
 me.

 I think the filter should only apply to new posts so that at least the
 author will be able to use "preview" to know that they have broken images.

 Also, how can I rename the image file using the !WordPress admin interface
 without deleting the image and re-uploading it with the new name?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13971#comment:4>