[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13889: permalinks for 'hierarchical' custom taxonomies do not behave hierarchically - is this correct?

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 15 11:39:51 UTC 2010

hierarchically - is this correct?
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  yeswework    |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  accepted
Component:  Taxonomy     |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by dd32):

  * owner:  => dd32
  * status:  new => accepted
  * milestone:  Unassigned => Future Release

Comment:

 for 3.0, Yes, this is the current behaviour.

 I'm sure theres another ticket for this, however, cant seem to find it
 right now.

 I'll take care of it in 3.1, setting to Future Release for now until patch
 is available.

 For now, You can implement it yourself for a taxonomy, See this code for
 an example (replace 'state' with your own taxonomy in all cases obviously)
 http://dd32.id.au/files/wordpress/example-hierarchical-term-links.php

 For future sake, I'm attaching a copy of the file

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13889#comment:1>