[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13689: multisite noblogredirect set, 404 error result not sending proper info with IIS

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 11 18:28:34 UTC 2010

#13689: multisite noblogredirect set, 404 error result not sending proper info with
IIS
 Reporter:  Frumph        |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
Changes (by ruslany):

 * cc: ruslany@… (added)
  * keywords:  iis-support =>

Comment:

 There are two issues described in this bug:

 1. IIS displaying generic IIS 404 error instead of a custom WordPress 404
 error. This issue is fixed by applying the FastCGI hotfix that can be
 found here (http://ruslany.net/2010/03/important-update-for-iis-7-0
 -fastcgi-module/).

 2. NOBLOGREDIRECT is used for bad URL's on the main site instead of a main
 site's 404 web page. Is this an incorrect behavior or is this by design?
 This is caused by the maybe_redirect_404() function and it looks to me
 that it has been like this for a while. Note that this issue is not
 specific to IIS.

 I would suggest to change the title of the ticket to reflect that this is
 to track the second issue.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13689#comment:24>