[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14222: Improve dashboard recent comments widget performance by not fetching spam comments

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 8 07:36:41 UTC 2010

#14222: Improve dashboard recent comments widget performance by not fetching spam
comments
 Reporter:  Viper007Bond    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing
Changes (by westi):

 * cc: westi (added)

Comment:

 We should be able to get the database to do this faster than php.

 I guess we need to dig in more as to why the query is so slow and see how
 we can speed it up.

 We could also cache the information so it is not request from the db
 constantly when people visit the dashboard even if it hasn't changed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14222#comment:7>