[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12036: Importing from wordpress exported file renders "Remote file is incorrect size" because file cache

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 26 14:43:09 UTC 2010

#12036: Importing from wordpress exported file renders "Remote file is incorrect
size" because file cache
 Reporter:  stelund       |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.8.6
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  import wordpress media download
 Hi,

 I haven't confirmed this on other platforms, but my OS X machine seem to
 have an issue when downloading media content from a third party during an
 import of an wordpress.xml. And by quickly searching the net it seems
 other people have the same issue.

 I've re-run the same import several times and it seem because the file was
 not flushed it may not have been updated with the file correct size. So
 even thought all bytes was written, the filesize($upload['file']) is not
 the same. When thinking about the issue I found the check ridiculously and
 removed it. Importing then works and all media images are downloaded
 properly. Previously maybe 50% received the error.

 I've attached my proposed diff.