[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12014: Author selection becomes performance issue with large userbase with quick edit in admin

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 25 17:51:16 UTC 2010

#12014: Author selection becomes performance issue with large userbase with quick
edit in admin
 Reporter:  wpmuguru      |       Owner:
Component:  Quick Edit    |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 MU Trac Ticket: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1086

 When the author user base becomes too large, the script handling for the
 quick edit or inline edit begins to fail. In our specific situation, we
 have over 14000 authors for a single blog. This is causing the inline-
 edit-post.js to timeout and not completely render all the fields.

 Since this would be such a rare issue, I think the best solution would be
 to just offer a hook that could keep the author option from being a part
 of the quick edit form. Since the field value is filled by js, then just
 replacing it with a hidden input keeps the author from being replaced on
 update.