[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7284: Allow wordpress at domain to be set to a user-specified address, and allow configuring SMTP server - for phpmailer

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Aug 28 08:20:40 UTC 2010

#7284: Allow wordpress at domain to be set to a user-specified address, and allow
configuring SMTP server - for phpmailer
 Reporter:  johnhennmacc    |        Type:  defect (bug)
Changes (by nacin):

  * version:  3.0.1 => 2.7

Comment:

 I think this is a wontfix/worksforme/duplicate.

  1. You can fully customize the PHPMailer object that gets set up and
 fired in wp_mail() using the phpmailer hook, which passes the object to
 your callback, so you can do what you wish to it.

  2. You can fully override the wp_mail() function all together.

  3. You can fully filter both the from name and from email, using the
 wp_mail_from and wp_mail_from_name filters.

 There have been previous discussions on this, specifically #5007 and I'm
 sure elsewhere. In order to support the greatest breadth of server setups,
 the current wordpress@ isn't going anywhere.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7284#comment:7>