[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13173: get_date_from_gmt does not properly convert non-DST dates when DST is in effect and vice versa.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Apr 29 04:51:49 UTC 2010

#13173: get_date_from_gmt does not properly convert non-DST dates when DST is in
effect and vice versa.
 Reporter:  cfinke        |       Owner:
Component:  Date/Time     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
Changes (by solarissmoke):

  * version:  => 3.0
  * milestone:  Unassigned => 3.1

Comment:

 There is already a pre_option filter on gmt_offset that automatically
 adjusts the offset for daylight savings - only thing is it assumes you
 want to know the offset at the time of execution.

 I don't think it would be too difficult to add an argument to
 wp_timezone_override_offset() that allows you to specify a future time for
 which to calculate an offset. Let me see if I can cobble something
 together.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13173#comment:1>