[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10712: Sub categories automatically append a dash followed by the name of the parent

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 25 16:16:05 UTC 2010

#10712: Sub categories automatically append a dash followed by the name of the
parent
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  guischarf                 |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by kpdesign):

 I updated to latest nightly (again) on my multisite install, then grabbed
 new copies of taxonomy.php and admin-ajax.php, uploaded to my server to
 get fixes from r14234 and r14229 and ran same tests w/out global terms
 setting. Now WordPress is only appending a parent slug to duplicate
 category name until a unique slug is found, so long/duplicate slug issue I
 reported seems to be resolved.

 Per Ryan's note above, will now go back, enable Global Terms and run same
 test again. I'll post my results here.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10712#comment:20>