[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10712: Sub categories automatically append a dash followed by the name of the parent

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 25 01:24:36 UTC 2010

#10712: Sub categories automatically append a dash followed by the name of the
parent
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  guischarf                 |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by kpdesign):

  * keywords:  subcategories => subcategories, multisite

Comment:

 I've retested this on a 3.0-single WordPress install (latest nightly) and
 the issue is still fixed there.

 I've tested this on a 3.0-multisite WordPress install (latest nightly)
 this evening, and the top-level category slugs are being appended multiple
 times when creating a subcategory or sub-subcategory with an existing name
 (see attached screenshot). (I did not choose either option in Global Terms
 in the Super Admin>>Options on this install.)

 I know that the slug needs to be unique if it already exists; however,
 rather than appending the names of all the categories/subcategories above
 it, couldn't a unique number be appended to the slug instead?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10712#comment:17>