[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10555: number_format_i18n function doesn't check if the number is float or not before doing the formating

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Apr 22 18:03:13 UTC 2010

#10555: number_format_i18n function doesn't check if the number is float or not
before doing the formating
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  chombium                |        Owner:  nbachiyski
     Type:  defect (bug)            |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by westi):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:15 brentes]:
 > I just updated to the latest and saw all the decimals in my plugin
 disappear.

 > I understand everything in WP uses integers, but please consider that
 many plugins, including all that deal with currency, use floats.

 We could restore this functionality by reverting part of this patch.

 If we bring back the decimal seperator translation and just expect the
 callee to define the number of decimal places.

 Would this be a suitable solution

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10555#comment:16>